- October 12, 2018
- Posted by: CDCU
- Category: Latest News
Vacancy for a Senior Teller
Position Summary: Caherdavin and District Credit Union Limited is seeking an individual to supervise a member service team to ensure delivery of a professional service including an efficient loans function. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a positive member service experience for all our members and will report directly to the Operations Manager.
This is a full time position and the role is based on a fixed term contract to cover Carers Leave.
Detailed Job Description:
- Fully understand the range, and scope, of the tasks to be undertaken in operation of a busy cash office.
- Proactively take ownership of the work to be completed.
- Take the lead/initiative in daily tasks to be undertaken in the cash office, either doing or supervising the tasks being undertaken. These tasks are to be completed to a very high standard.
- Show leadership in the attitude and application of the tasks being completed.
- Show leadership in being motivated, and motivating work colleagues, in delivering excellent Member service.
- Take charge of beginning and end of day process including the balancing of the overall cash and ancillary services.
- Be fully capable of taking and underwriting a loan application to arrive at a fully informed and reasoned loan decision.
- Be fully capable of managing all aspects of member accounts including account opening, reactivation and electronic payments.
- Ensuring that all back up administration duties are up to date including filing and scanning. Ensuring that all member correspondence is replied to promptly.
- Be fully capable of dealing with all life assurance claim queries, be competent in completing a life assurance claim and knowledgeable in all areas of credit union insurances.
- Be fully capable of providing member ancillary services e.g. Foreign Exchange, Online account access, and completion of nominations etc.
- Minimise discrepancies and errors.
- Reduce queuing times for members.
- Put forward ideas for innovation and process improvements in the cash office.
- Identify areas within the role that require assistance or further training and undertake same within an agreed timeframe.
- Deliver a positive interaction with Members, offering a welcoming and warm experience.
- Three to five years’ relevant experience working in a similar role in a credit union or other front-line financial services environment.
- Strong Cash handling skills and the ability to implement and manage cash controls.
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience of consumer lending and credit assessment.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and works well as part of a team.
- Committed to first class customer service values.
- Hold a relevant qualification e.g. CUA, QFA, Pathways Diploma.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Wednesday, October 31st, 2018.
Caherdavin & District Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Caherdavin & District Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Caherdavin & District Credit Union Limited’s Data Privacy Statement can be accessed at www.caherdavincreditunion.ie