- July 19, 2018
- Posted by: CDCU
- Category: Latest News
Make your house your home with our Home Improvement Loan. Whatever the job, big or small, we are lending!
Whether it’s a new kitchen, an attic conversion, a luxury bathroom makeover, a garden renovation with a playhouse or a lick of paint – we are here to help.
- Quick loan approval
- Competitive low rate
- Loan approvals are based on your ability to repay, not savings or shares
- 96% of loan applications approved in 2018
- Flexibility to repay your loan with terms up to 20 years
- Borrow up to €100,000*
- No fees or charges
- Free Loan Protection Insurance
Low Rate of 9.75% for loans over €10,000. Borrow up to €100,000*
Home Renovation Scheme
– Reduce your home improvement costs even more –
You may be eligible for the Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) scheme – this scheme enables homeowners or landlords to claim tax relief on repairs, renovations or improvement work that is carried out on their main home or rental property by tax-compliant contractors and that is subject to 13.5% VAT.
The HRI is paid in the form of a tax credit at 13.5% of qualifying expenditure, which can be set against your income tax over 2 years. This effectively reduces the rate of VAT to zero on qualifying work, up to the value of €30,000. In order to qualify for the HRI, the work must be done between 25 October 2013 and 31 December 2018 for homeowners; between 15 October 2014 and 31 December 2018 for landlords; and between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2018 for local authority tenants. Click for more information on the HRI Scheme.
What Type Of Work Qualifies Under HRI?
- painting, decorating and tiling
- plastering, plumbing and rewiring
- bathroom upgrades
- fitted kitchens
- window replacements
- extensions and attic conversions
- garages, driveways and landscaping
- septic tank repair or replacement
SEAI – Better Energy Homes
This scheme provides grants to homeowners who invest in energy efficiency improvements in one or more of the following areas: Roof Insulation, Wall Insulation, Installation of a Gas or Oil fired Boiler, Heating Control Upgrades and Solar panels. Click for more information on SEAI – BEH.
Warmer Homes Scheme (WHS)
This scheme aims to improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home at no cost to you as long as you own it , if it is built pre 2006 and the owner is in receipt of one of the following; Fuel Allowance, Job Seekers for over 6 months and children under 7, FIS or in receipt of the “One Parent Family”. Click for more information on SEAI – WHS.
How to Apply?
Applying for a loan is easy
- In Branch – appointments not necessary. Click here to see the opening times of your local branch
- Over the phone
- Online – send loan enquiry and we will call you back
What Do I Need to Apply?
- 3 most recent payslips
- 3 months up to date bank statements for your current account. Your bank statements can be printed in-branch or emailed to us
- ID – Current passport or driving licence
- Proof of Address – one of the following to be dated with 6 months – Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Social Welfare or Revenue Correspondence
- Most recent set of audited accounts
- Tax clearance certificate
- 6 months up to date bank statements for business and personal accounts
Not a Member – No Problem!
Joining us is easy! It takes less than 20 minutes
To join Caherdavin & District Credit Union you must be living or working within our Common Bond. See if this applies to you.
You can also join by association – if you reside in a household with a current member of Caherdavin & District Credit Union, then you are eligible to join.
What Information Do You Need to Join?
- Proof of Address
- Proof of PPS
- Only €10 to be lodged to your account on day of opening
Members of Caherdavin & District Credit Union can borrow up to €50,000 unsecured. Overall members can borrow up to €100,000. These amounts can be increased depending on the amount that a member has in shares as collateral.